Torbay young parents' support
Our experienced Young Parents' Service team at Matlock & Coverdale House in Torquay offer friendly and professional support in a shared environment.
Our activities programme includes support to:
- Develop your skills to keep yourself safe and secure
- Be independent but not isolated
- Work with parents to develop their parenting skills through support and training including other agency partners
- Access tenancy-related support
- Look after your own health needs and well being as well as your children’s
- Improve budgeting skills and gain confidence to deal with benefit claims
- Manage your own paperwork and talk with professionals
- Maintain good neighbourly relationships
- Establish a positive social network
- Be able to access social/cultural activities in the local community
- Successfully attend college and apply for employment
- Find voluntary work experience and meaningful occupation
- Find independent move-on accommodation
- Attend house group meetings covering a variety of your favourite topics
- Use a crèche for the babies
- Benefit from a health visitor drop-in service
- Get actively involved in what we do
Welcome to Matlock & Coverdale House
Please watch our one minute introduction to customers' experience of our service
Get in touch
For more information on how to apply or for an informal discussion, please contact the Young Parents' Service in Torquay.
Send us a message using the Contact Us web form below and remember to include your own details and your question please.
Make sure you state that it is for Torquay Young Parents' Support Project. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Telephone: 01803 200138
Young Parents Support and Accommodation Service, Matlock/Coverdale House, 8 St Luke's Road, Torquay TQ2 5NY