Parents' accommodation and outreach support service
Through Westward's support service for parents, we offer support in a safe living space. This may be for vulnerable young parents or in Plymouth - any parents, either as a couple or just the parent with parental responsibility.
We can also provide pre-tenancy support and then later on, visiting support for parents living in the community once they have moved on from our accommodation.
Our aims are to:
- Provide skills, knowledge and opportunities to live independently
- Support parents to develop their parenting skills
- Support you to stay in education, training or work
- Help families to live together successfully in their community
Support is identified through our assessment process which will identify your needs. If you need us, you will be:
- Pregnant or have parental responsibility for a child under 6 months
- Aged 16-24 years (Torbay only)
- A young parent
- At risk of homelessness or have become homeless
- Need support to develop independent living skills