Safety in your home
We strongly recommend you take the time to look through your Safety in your home leaflet which will answer any questions you may have around electrical, gas, asbestos, water and fire safety at your property.
It is important that we carry out a safety check on your heating system to ensure that you and your property are safe.
To book an appointment for your heating safety check fill in the form here,
or call us on 0300 100 1010.
Gas heating - what to do if you smell gas
- Call the National Grid on 0800 111 999 immediately (ideally from outside the property)
- Do not smoke
- Turn off gas supply at meter (if possible)
- Do not turn on anything electrical
- Ventilate the building
- Leave the building immediately
If you have any concerns at all please do not hesitate to contact us.
Service standards: home safety
- Assess your personal needs and where possible, make arrangements to make your home and environment as safe as possible.
- Carry out property compliance safety checks i.e. gas and electricity safety checks within the required timescales, accommodating your appointment preferences wherever possible.
- Regularly test safety elements such as fire doors and smoke alarms, lights and CCTV systems for your safety.
We ask you to:
- Keep appointments for property compliance and health and safety checks and inspections.
- Tell us about anything that we can help with to keep you safe in your home.
- Keep your family, neighbours, others and our property safe and protected from health and safety hazards.
In an emergency
In an emergency, please telephone us immediately: 0300 100 1010.
Outside office hours this will automatically divert to our 24 hour cover service.
An emergency is when there is a:
- Gas leak or smell of gas
- Major fault with electricity supply
- Unsafe electrical fittings
- Burst water pipe
- Severe storm damage
- Fire damage
- No heating
- Completely blocked main drains
- Breakdown of lift
- Breaches of security to outside doors and windows
- Failure of warden alarm/call system
- Any other problem or defect which puts the health, safety or security of a tenant or a third party at immediate risk, or which affects the structure of the building adversely.
The website forms below are for ROUTINE REPAIRS ONLY.