Our Customer Service Promise
Be proactive, always engage and show integrity
Our Customer Enabling Hub advisers want customers to feel valued and know that they can trust us.
This means keeping our promises, listening to customers and engaging with them to continually improve.
Everyone at Westward is expected to be accountable for demonstrating excellent customer care and delivering high quality services.
Our Customer Service Promise sets out what we expect from everyone at Westward
Treat you with respect and courtesy
Be polite and professional and take personal responsibility to deal with your enquiry as promptly and as effciently as possible
Aim to get things ‘Right First Time’
Tell you what we are going to do, keep you informed and advise you of any changes or delays
Be honest when we cannot do something
Apologise if we get things wrong, put them right as quickly as possible and learn from your experienc
Listen to your views on our services
Learn more about our performance on the How we are performing page.
The customer service standard you can expect from us
We are committed to making getting in touch with us easy. With this is mind you can contact us in a range of ways, choosing which is most suitable for you. These include:
- Visit our website for detailed information about our services and to make service requests at any time. You will receive an immediate acknowledgement with a unique number before a full response within 10 working days.
- Use your MyAccount Portal to make payments, see your rent account, request non-urgent domestic and communal repairs and update your personal details at your convenience, day or night.
- Contact us by email, text message or social media for a response during working hours
- Prefer the telephone? You can report emergency repairs to an out of hours operator and make a touch tone rent payment 24 hours 7 days a week.
- Need to speak to someone? You can reach us 9-5 on week days by telephone.
- We aim to respond promptly to enquiries, usually within 10 working days for email, text, letter or social media.
We also recognise that things do not always go the way we would like. When things go wrong we want you to find it easy to tell us and get it put rightwhere possible. That's why we will:
- Make it straightforward to tell us if we have failed to deal with something, not delivered the quality of service you were expecting or behaved unreasonably and how we can resolve the issue.
- Apologise and agree with you how we will put things right and by when.
- Keep you informed of progress where something is likely to take a little longer to put right.
- Be honest when we cannot put something right and tell you how to escalate your complaint if you remain unhappy.
Contacting the Customer Hub
Fastest services with MyAccount and email
We recommend that the best way to contact the Hub is always by using your MyAccount which if you haven't set one up yet, you can do here www.westwardhousing.org.uk/myaccount
If you need to call Westward, the you can reach the Hub advisers more easily at the times indicated below:
|9am-10.30am||Lines will normally be fairly free, expected wait times will normally be less than 3 minutes.|
|10.30am-1.30pm||Lines will be slightly busier and you would normally expect to wait for up to 5 minutes, but this could be longer on occasion.|
|1.30-2.30pm||Lines will normally be fairly free, expected wait times will normally be less than 3 minutes|
Lines will be slightly busier and you would normally expect to wait for up to 5 minutes, but this could be longer on occasion.
|4.00pm-5pm||Lines will normally be fairly free, expected wait times will normally be less than 3 minutes.|
As you may be aware we have employed and trained some additional advisers in our Customer Enabling Hub, and we have been working hard to reduce the time it takes to get through to us on the phones. We are now answering almost half of your calls straight away, but where you do have to wait, this is now normally only around 3-4 minutes. On some days it may take up to 20 minutes, but we are working hard to keep this the exception.
With the vast majority of our customers online, and regularly using apps, digital portals or email for everything from shopping to banking, the Hub has been busy making sure that we can also give you great online service and self-service options through MyAccount.
Currently we are responding to 98% of all online contact within 24 hours, so why not use email to Contact Us us your query?
The fastest and most efficient way to manage your tenancy with us is to set up a MyAccount where you can make a rent payment, check your rent statement, make an arrangement to pay your arrears so that you don’t get letters from us about these, raise a repair including attaching photos and videos, and check the information we hold on you. It is now easier than ever to log in as you only need your email address and password once you have registered for an account.
We know that some customers do not have online access and we have staff who can help with this, just let us know and we will put you in contact with someone who can help get you online.