How to register for a rental property in Devon or Cornwal

Bideford new homes All rental properties from housing associations are let to successful bidders who are registered on Devon Home Choice or Cornwall Homechoice (we do not hold our own waiting list).

So if you wish to bid for one of our properties (it could be a new home or a re-let) you should register for one of these schemes and if you are successful you will be given a starter tenancy.

You can learn more and apply at:

Devon Home Choice has a handy app:

We also showcase properties on our Property Search and on our Twitter or Facebook pages.

You can learn more about having a rented property with Westward here:

If you have any questions about Devon or Cornwall's choice based lettings systems mentioned above, please contact your local authority:

Cornwall Council, East Devon District Council, Exeter City Council, Mid Devon District Council, North Devon District Council, Plymouth City Council, South Hams District Council, Teignbridge District Council, Torbay Council, Torridge District Council and West Devon Borough Council.


People are still able to move home during the third lockdown and we can support that. We continue to offer viewings in person, in line with rigorous safe working practices.

These will follow both Westward safe working practices and the government's ‘National Guidance on Moving Home Safely’.

If you are an applicant that has been informally made an offer of a property please complete the Verification Form below and attach the documents you have been asked to provide by the Housing Co-ordinator. This is a secure communication for your important personal documents. Before you upload your documents, please read our Privacy Policy.

Lettings Verification Form

If the Lettings team ask you to provide additional documents such as benefits details and proof of the requirement to meet a section 106 property, please complete this form as well:

Lettings Form 2

Housing Services during Coronavirus

As a result of the latest government guidance we are having to change the way we provide services to you. We are making these changes to reduce the risk to you and our staff, and to prioritise the work of the Housing teams so they are there for those who need our help the most.

We are still available to support you with any tenancy management issues but our Housing teams will be reducing our face-to-face contact. This means that we will be using the phone and electronic communication where we can, as following the latest advice we are not carrying out any unnecessary visits.

Mutual exchanges

Girl in cardboard box

Exchanging your tenancy with another social housing tenant can be a great way to move into the home you've always wanted. But before an exchange can go ahead, there are a lot of things to consider. 

Find out more