What we stand for
Providing homes and supporting communities
- Establish places where people want to live
- Invest in customer focused services
- Be a great organisation where colleagues thrive
- Maintain financial strength and deliver great value
We take an agile, enterprising and resourceful approach to business so we can achieve success. We operate efficiently and reinvest our surplus to increase the scale and service of our organisation.
We are customer focussed and positively engage with our customers, colleagues and partners to improve what we do and how we do it. We inspire and support our people to be at their best. We will empower colleagues to get it right first time by listening carefully, responding fully and ensuring that the customer does not need to contact us on that issue again.
We are a fair and open organisation. We expect a culture of honesty and personal accountability. We respond to challenge by asking ourselves what we can do to help and by delivering on our promises. We won’t always get it right, but when we don’t, we will ensure we put things right and learn from the experience. We respect and value differences and recognise that diversity enriches our communities.
By 2025 we will be delivering our objectives and have met the targets and ambitions set out in our Strategic Plan.
- Our customers will trust us to do what we say we will do and know that we listen and respond to the customer voice.
- We will be providing an effortless customer experience through digital and innovative services.
- Residents will trust us to provide and maintain safe, secure and energy-efficient homes.
- Our colleagues will be practising our values and will feel motivated because their ideas for shaping services and the business are listened to.
- We will be fast followers of bold and innovative best practice and will be collaborating with others to make this a success.
- We will have continued to maintain our governance and financial viability regulatory standard.
- We will continue to be financially resilient through sound investment and development.
- We will be known for our positive contribution to local communities and environmental sustainability.
Equality and access
Westward is committed to treating all people with fairness and respect.
We aim to actively help remove barriers and open doors for our customers and staff and foster good relations within the communities we serve.
We are an organisation delivering fair accessible services and an employer and partner of choice.
In promoting equality, we respect the protected characteristics identified by the Equality Act: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion and belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We hold personal information about our customers, board members, staff and involved residents; this helps us to consider the impact of our services, policy and actions on different groups within the community. This information is kept confidential and in accordance with our data protection policy. You can also view and update your personal information which we hold, via MyAccount .
To request any document in large print, Braille or other languages please just let us know.
These are some useful links: