Truro Young Women's Centre
Truro Young Women's Centre accommodation and support service offers support in a shared environment with our experienced support team.
We offer support in a safe living space to help you manage your accommodation and ultimately move on to more independent accommodation.
Our aim is to provide the skills, knowledge and opportunities to live independently. We will support you to stay in education, employment or training. We want to help our young women to live successfully in their community.
If you live here, you will be:
• A single, homeless young woman
• Aged 16-24 years old
• Needing support to develop independent living skills
Our intensive support will help you in:
• Developing your skills to keep yourself safe and secure
• Becoming independent but not isolated
• Managing your accommodation and occupancy agreement
• Looking after your own health needs and wellbeing
• Improving budgeting skills and gaining confidence to deal with benefit claims
• Managing your own paperwork and talking with professionals
• Maintaining good neighbourly relationships
• Establishing a positive social network
• Becoming able to access social/cultural activities in the local community
• Successfully attending college and applying for employment
• Doing voluntary work experience and seeking meaningful occupation
• Finding independent move-on accommodation
• Attending house group meetings covering a variety of your favourite topics
• Using our open office drop-in service
• Attending drop-in sessions that are fun and exciting
And most important of all... Live a full and active life in the local community.
Get in touch
For more information on how to apply or for an informal discussion, please contact the friendly team at Truro Young Women's Centre.
Send us a message using the Contact Us web form below and remember to include your own details and your question please.
Make sure you state that it is for Truro Young Women's Centre. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you.
Telephone: 01872 260847