Money help and advice

Money ideas graphic Many of us will be facing a range of financial pressures this Spring which may include:

  • Debt from the Christmas holiday
  • The end of furlough payments 
  • Universal Credit extra weekly money having ended
  • Energy costs are already rising by up to 15% and this could go up by 50% in April 
You can do this! 

Don't despair, talk to our fantastic financial inclusion officers at Westward who can help you. And please read through the practical tips and links below.
Please read through the practical tips and links below:

•    Money Helper website has some great step by step guides on its home page links
•    Your council can help you with a one-off  Household Support fund or Discretionary Payment if you are struggling. Confused? Our financial inclusion officers can help you to get a referral
•    This link offers help if you're struggling to pay your bills Help if you're struggling with debt
•    And don't forget that there is a lot of helpful information here on our site Making the most of your money (

If you are at all worried or have any questions about ability to pay household bills including rent then don't hesitate, talk to our financial income officers or housing/support workers who can help you make a plan. Please get in touch now using the link below:
Contact Us

What to do if you're worried about energy bills

Socks and green mug image Your energy supplier can help if you are having difficulties with your gas and electric bills. You can get other grants and benefits too.  Your options will depend on your situation.

If you’ve got money worries because of coronavirus, you’re not alone.

Talk it through image Westward Assurance

Our financial inclusion team, alongside your support and housing workers, are here to help any customers who are worried about paying their rent.

It's extremely important and so we if you are in this position, we ask you to contact us if you think or kow that your rent account is in arrears and you have not set up a manageable arrangement to pay it off with us. We work with you to make sure that you feel you can manage the payments and that they are realistic. 

The wording of the Westward Assurance is:
If you fall behind in your rent payments because your income has reduced, or because you have lost your job, as a result of the coronavirus you will not lose your home.

If you are having difficulty in paying your rent we ask that you contact us as soon as possible. We can have a member of our Financial Inclusion or Income team contact you to discuss if you are entitled to any further financial help and to set up an affordable payment plan that fits with your current circumstances. If you are a Support customer please arrange this through your Support Worker or Housing Worker.

We remain committed to doing everything we can to support our customers whose finances have been most affected by the pandemic. So please call us on 0300 100 1010 or get in touch using the Contact Us now as we can help.'

Money Navigator 

This great site can give you guidance based on your particular situation. Whether your income is down and you’re worried about your future finances, you’ve lost your job or are facing redundancy, or are self-employed and can’t do your job, Money Navigator | Coronavirus financial guidance | MoneyHelper can help.

Furlough payments ended

You may not know about the Test & Trace Support Payment Scheme which provides is a one-off payment of £500 if you have to self-isolate due to coronavirus.

Managing your money