About your boiler
If you have had an A-rated energy approved boiler installed by us, our engineer will help you to set up and explain how to use the system and controls.
Once fully satisfied that you are comfortable with all the information and understand everything, our engineer will leave you with the Managing your new boiler pack containing all you need to know.
We want to make sure that your new boiler is reliable in performance, so we will provide you with great customer service and after care. Also try these guides if you have any issues:
Need to bleed a radiator? Watch this great Worcester Bosch video
Boiler problem? Before booking a repair, make sure you have checked the following:
- Which boiler do you have?
- Are your other gas appliances working?
- Do you have power to the boiler, check your electricity meter?
- Is the pressure gauge in the right position, between 1 and 2? If not, can you top it up?
- Have you reset your boiler?
It is essential that your gas appliances are working safely, this is for the safety of you, your family and your neighbours.
We are required by law to carry out a gas safety check. All tenants' gas appliances have to be checked at least once a year. Your tenancy agreement requires you to cooperate with the safety programme by giving access to your home for these important gas safety checks which are quick and easy to carry out.
To be Gas Safe as a Westward tenants you need to:
- Provide access to our gas engineers for your free annual gas appliance safety check
- Check for warning signs your appliances aren’t working correctly, such as a lazy yellow flame instead of a crisp blue one, black marks on or around the appliance and too much condensation in the room
- Report a gas or carbon monoxide emergency to the National Gas Emergency Service 24 hours a day on 0800 111 999 and then inform Westward
- To find out about gas risks in your area visit www.StayGasSafe.co.uk or visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk.