Sub-letting as a home owner
Sub-letting is where you, the leaseholder, or freeholder, set up a rental contract with a new tenant to live in your property.
Under the terms of your lease, you are not permitted to sub-let. This only applies to a resident that own less than 100% of their property. It is only in exceptional circumstances that we will consider a request to sub-let.
We may allow you to sub-let but we need to check the terms of your lease to ensure that there are no restrictions.
If you wish to sub-let your property you need to send us the following:
- A certified copy of the tenancy agreement with your sub-tenant
- An alternative mailing address so that the accounts (and other formal notices) can be sent directly to you
- A contact number and email address in case of emergency
- Name, address and contact details of your managing agent
- Copy of current gas safety certificate
You retain all legal obligations and responsibilities under the terms of lease or transfer document for all matters relating to the property and conduct of the sub-let including safety in the home and servicing gas appliances.