This is our Emergency Red Button service. A digital alarm where no landline is required.
Designed to help you stay independent in your own home, our alarm unit activates when you press the red button pendant worn as a necklace or wrist watch.
This gives you confidence that you can call for help at any time of the day or night, if you need it.
The pendant provides coverage in the house and most average gardens.
If you are unable to speak or respond you do not need to worry, help will still be called for.
Installation is free of charge, and we will collect relevant medical details and a list of emergency contacts and a keyholder who can check to see how you are. These details are held by our call centre.
- 24 hour help at the touch of a button, 24 hour reassurance for customers, carers and relatives
- Available to anyone (not just our residents) in North Devon
- Suitable for older and vulnerable customers, those with disabilities, or all ages suffering chronic illness like asthma, epilepsy, angina, diabetes, heart problems, arthritis and regular falls - particularly if living alone
- The alarm unit has a back-up battery covering up to 24 hours should mains power fail
- Longer range alarms are available for particularly large gardens.
- Fall detector pendants are available which go off automatically should the client have a fall. The fall alarm cannot guarantee to detect all falls and is dependent on the impact of the fall. If you fall and can press the emergency button, then you should do so.
How much does an alarm system cost?
Demonstrations and installations are FREE, you simply pay a rental charge, paid monthly by direct debit. There is a minimum 3 month service period. There is no VAT charge.
£20.21 per month if you receive guaranteed pension credit or housing benefit.
£24.47 per month for all our other clients.
There are NO hidden charges. The Helpline Alarm is a not for profit service.
Please choose Alarm Helpline on the contact us form to request a free demonstration or ask for an alarm installation.
Our alarm units can be used to add in additional telecare monitors or sensors to protect both the person or the building:
- Smoke detectors
- Medication dispensers / promptors
- Flashing, buzzing or vibrating alerts for doors, fire/smoke alarms for sight or hearing impaired clients
- Fall or impact detectors
If you prefer not to have a keyholder, we can fit a Keysafe at a small additional cost to enable access. Read the page on keysafes in the leaflet link above to learn more about this service.
Keysafes are a handy resource for everyone, they can ensure that you and your family are never locked out of your own home again!