Contents insurance

Westward does not cover contents insurance, so as a renting tenant it’s a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, in order to help you make an informed decision on whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen.

Having home contents insurance is important. Westward encourage you to look for a great value provider. One of these is MyHome Contents Insurance Scheme from Thistle Tenant Risks and Great Lakes Insurance UK Limited. This is a Tenant Contents Insurance policy designed for tenants living in social housing and recommended by the National Housing Federation.

The My Home Contents Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home including cover for items such as furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, electrical items, jewellery, pictures and ornaments. Go to to find out more and to use our contents calculator to work out the value of your home contents…

How do you get further information?
o    Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288 
o    Visit the for more information or to request a call back.

The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Firm Reference Number 310419.   Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.

Our Data Protection Privacy Policy is online at

It is important to protect your belongings and your Landlord suggests that you look for providers who are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Thistle Insurance Services are a company that specialises in social housing contents insurance, however there are also other providers that can be found on comparison websites like Money Supermarket or Compare the Market.