Safety during covid-19
We all have concerns about Covid-19. The safety of our customers, staff and contractors is always our number one priority. We wanted to let you know how we are reducing risk during the coronavirus threat and how you can help us.
We are monitoring the situation closely and you can follow the government’s latest advice on their website.
We are following current government guidelines. So if any staff members are unwell with a persistent cough, fever or other covid symptoms then we have advised them to remain at home.
All our workers observe the strictest guidance from Government and Health and Safety standards when they are working, e.g. minimum 2 metre distancing, appropriate protective equipment and regular handwashing.
Some of our work on empty properties will directly help to prevent the spread of covid-19, for example the creation of more capacity for self-isolation. This work therefore helps our local authority partners during the current emergency.
We aim to keep this work to a minimum to balance the wider risks of covid-19 spread. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have an appointment in your home with a Westward employee or contractor:
- Before any appointment, please let us know that you are well and not self-isolating with concern over Coronavirus, or recently returned from a trip on the infected countries’ list.
- If you are unwell or self-isolating we will simply rearrange a new appointment for you when you are well.
- If you confirm you are well, we will visit. At your front door we will again confirm that no-one within the property is in self-isolation, or recently returned from a trip from a trip on the infected countries’ list.
- Our staff and contractors reserve the right to not enter your home if they have any concerns at all.
- They will wear a mask and disposable gloves whilst in your home. We ask that you also wear a mask if possible.
- When they have finished, they will clean the area using disposable wipes/blue roll and place these in a bin bag. After they leave your home, their gloves will also go in the bin bag and it will then all be disposed of by the operative.
Rearranging an appointment
We understand that you may prefer to rearrange your appointment with us to a later date. If our appointment is to carry out a safety check or essential repairs we will need to work with you to find a way that we can continue with the booked appointment and keep you safe. If you have a non-urgent repair booked or a new window, kitchen or bathroom installation then we are happy to rearrange this for a later date if you contact us.
Safety is a priority
We encourage you to contact us if you have individual difficulties and are affected by the current situation. If you have any questions you can get in touch using our:Contact Us
or by calling 0300 100 1010.
We work with lots of older and vulnerable customers. By working together at this difficult time we can help to keep everyone safe.