View the refurbishment designs and plans
We have good news that we have started some improvement and maintenance work at Chapel Court in Torquay.
Work was delayed due to issues with material availability and labour resources, however we are now nearing the end of our project.
Block 1 is complete and is awaiting the last of the scaffolding to come down. Block 2 is 85%
complete with just a few minor sections of roofing to do before scaffolding is fully
dropped. Block 3 is similar to Block 2.
We are always keen that our tenants and leaseholders’ views feed into the decision-making process. It is important that you are able to influence the improvements to your neighbourhood and home, so residents were able to influence the improvements in a consultation.
Our intention is to regenerate the look of the scheme whilst dealing with the known building maintenance issues and improving your thermal comfort overall.
The grey design selected by the majority of residents can be seen below, illustrated on Block 1.
We will include the following work:
- Installing external wall insulation to improve the thermal efficiency of the building, resulting in reduced annual heating requirements
- Mitigating issues with cold spots that cause condensation and mould
- Re-rendering external surfaces in specific areas
- Enhancing the look of the scheme
- Weatherproofing the buildings
- Using easy-to-clean masonry and cladding will allow for better routine maintenance to keep the buildings looking smart
- Renewing guttering and downpipes - improving the transit of storm water away from the building to prolong the life of all building elements
- Improving energy efficiency to reduce heating requirements.
- Reducing maintenance costs
- Pitched roof covering replacement
- Replacing Dorma roof coverings to avoid leaks and improve heat retention
- Replacing windows
- Redecorating the internal communal areas
If you have any general queries on the project please contact the Improvements Team and put Chapel Court Refurbishment clearly in the form:Contact Us
Your design of choice
Below we have shown Block 1 before and after so you can see how the GREY shade which the majority of residents chose will look. Green and blue options shown in the colour pallette on the right were ruled out by most residents.
Block 1: Current appearance
Block 1: New appearance